We gather this information as the Blackburn Rovers Former Players Association (BRFPA).
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly. This policy was last updated on 17 May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please direct your questions to our website administration team at email@example.com
Collection of information
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal data to use the website.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data, but does not include personal data
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you complete the contact us form or the membership form
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
When completing any of the activity in point 2 above, you have the choice to opt-in to our communications. You can opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Data is retained for no longer than is necessary for its purpose following which data is deleted securely.
Lawful basis for processing
Information collected from the website and stored is for the legitimate interest of responding to and acting upon the task for which it was provided.
Subscription to membership of BRFPA requires us to contact you about the memberships. We will include you in our marketing lists if you opt-in at the time of signing up. You can opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing email@example.com
Where applicable, consent is requested before processing information further via our opt-in tick boxes.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely. Whilst we hold it, your information is safely stored within the UK.
Access to information
To request access / change / removal / restriction of information we may hold, please use on of the following methods to contact our data protection officer:
Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
What communications will I receive?
- Service emails
After registering to membership of BRFPA, you will receive emails from us to confirm your memberships. Following this, from time to time, you may receive further emails specific to your membership.
- News, information and marketing
With your consent, we may use your information to keep you informed about news and events from BRFPA and other information related to the association.
If you are not happy for your data being used this way, please contact us on the details above.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Disclosure of information to third parties
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties, where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests or for the purposes identified above.
Third party links
Use of third party websites
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.